There is nothing worse than having to haul over-sized luggage along with you as you travel the globe. Some people are learning that you don’t have to trudge along a pair of shoes for every outfit that you plan to wear. Most of us realize that lots of heavy luggage is the equivalent of a millstone around one’s neck. It’s not the best use of time when you are trying to get away from it all. So, how do you change your habits mid-stream and learn to love traveling light? It’s not as hard as you think.
Under what circumstances should I rent a car while on vacation? When I travel a great distance from my house (meaning more than a 4 hour drive) chances are I will be traveling by plane. I will rent a car when I’ve found that the city I’m visiting lacks a sufficient public transportation system. If […]
We wanted to get out of town, the problem was deciding where and how far could we go on such short notice. My sister had never been to Savannah and it had been over a decade since Carisa and I’d seen it, so we decided to go for it. After a four hour pre-dawn drive, […]
There’s no denying it. Most of us have found ourselves virtually housebound when in actuality we would love to go out there and see the world. The reality of the situation is that times are tough and it’s becoming difficult to purchase the necessities, much less think about what some would characterize as “indulgences” like […]
Unrealized childhood dreams. When it came to the subject of fishing that was mine. My dad was in the habit of taking each of his children to the local lake for fishing lessons. I eagerly awaited my turn but it never came. Fast forward to the present and the opportunity to learn how to fly […]
I have a secret. I used to be homeless. As is the case for most, it wasn’t entirely by choice. However, it was something that I felt had to happen in order for me to start again with a clean slate. At the time, I literally had nothing but the clothes on my back and […]
Who is the owner of A View To A Thrill?
Renee King is an Atlanta, GA based administrative assistant by day who spends most of her waking hours plotting the next excursion to anyplace outside of her zip code.
During her down time she enjoys gardening, making friends, offering opinions on the state of world affairs and watching absolutely too much netflix.
Let’s Stay Connected!
- How traveling improves your quality of life March 20, 2011
- How to get out of your own way and live the life you want January 23, 2011
- 12 Travel Packing tips that will make your trip less hectic! November 19, 2011
- The 12 of the best free apps that will make traveling a breeze! February 27, 2011
- Sailing the high seas on a…..freighter?? March 24, 2010
- Checking out the Big Zombie Tour with Atlanta Movie Tours, Part 2 November 18, 2014
- Checking out the Big Zombie Tour with Atlanta Movie Tours, Part 1 November 6, 2014
- A Salute to Fall from Prince Edward Island! September 29, 2014
- Fire your satellite or cable company and never look back! September 9, 2014
- I have decided to give cruising another chance August 9, 2014
Looking to save money?
Your visits support our page
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
© 2008 - 2015 A View To A Thrill . All Rights Reserved.