Archive | North America RSS feed for this section
I have always believed that you can find little hidden treasures close to home. I think Gatlinburg Falls Resort is one such treasure. It is located approximately six miles from the little town of Pigeon Forge, Tennessee with only the Smoky Mountains National Park separating the two.
In search of artistic Sedona, Arizona: A walking tour of Exposures International Gallery of Fine Art
It doesn’t take long to figure out that fine art is not in short supply in Sedona. As you drive through the city’s main thoroughfare on State Route 89A, it becomes quite evident that there is a profound respect not only for nature’s creations but also for those that are meticulously crafted by the hands of men.
Discovering the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Park with Wildlife Expeditions of Teton Science Schools
Last summer, I spent an entire day exploring two of our best known National Parks. They’re the ones that everyone learns about in school but nothing prepares you for what you actually witness up close and personal. We were fortunate to be the guest of the Teton Science Schools which has two campuses in the Grand Teton National Park and in the city of Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
Who are we?
Renee King is an Atlanta, GA based administrative assistant by day who spends most of her waking hours plotting the next excursion to anyplace outside of her zip code.
She manages to convince her daughter, Carisa, to accompany her as they are thrilled to view the world on a budget and share tips so you can too. Read about their adventures and how they manage to "sample the world at a fraction of the price".
Sign up now for new posts!
- How traveling improves your quality of life March 20, 2011
- How to get out of your own way and live the life you want January 23, 2011
- 12 Travel Packing tips that will make your trip less hectic! November 19, 2011
- Sailing the high seas on a…..freighter?? March 24, 2010
- The 12 of the best free apps that will make traveling a breeze! February 27, 2011
- When carving your path in life, make sure that you’re the sculptor May 1, 2013
- How does spending the night in an Igloo sound? April 15, 2013
- Where I am likely to vacation (i.e., run for my dear, sweet life) when the Zombie Apocalypse finally hits…. April 8, 2013
- A Review of Gatlinburg Falls Resort in Tennessee April 1, 2013
- Candid photos I’ve taken on trips that have inspired, surprised and puzzled me March 13, 2013
- Jackie Smith: Great piece of writing.You've captured the excuse...
- Bell - wanderlust marriage: Beautifully written post! Even as an avid travelle...
- Ruth: Enjoyed this article very much. I always try to l...
- Micah Vargas: In May 2009, Global Entry membership was expanded ...
- Jim: Amazing photos, I love the area! Usually we do a f...